As you read, we had given up on our puppy returning. Several people from the area have seen our posters and called and told us about other white dogs that they've seen, but all were males. The neighbors have been keeping a stray white lab for a few months that they thought was ours, and we were going to keep him, but we've had him for a few days and he is just too big and hyper. So we had decided to give him back today (they were sad to see him go and told us they'd gladly take him back if it didn't work out). I heard some thuds on the porch and went out to see what Dixie was doing, and the thought had not even entered my mind that it would be our puppy, but it WAS!!
She is super skinny, and tired, and will not let me move more than a foot away from her, but as far as we can see she's not hurt in any way. We are taking her to the vet to get checked out just in case. She is skinnier than when she had parvo, so we think that she must have been tangled up somewhere and got small enough to slip out of her collar with the chain attached, and made it home. When I called Bradley at work and told him he thought something terrible had happened because he couldn't understand me through my crying. Carter was still talking about her many times a day and we have been telling him that she is playing with the animals in the woods and not coming home. The only two full sentences he's every made were both about Shelby. We were looking for her and he'd say, "Shelby? I don't know." And one morning while snuggling with me, out of the blue he said, "I miss Shelby." We were stunned. But we don't have to miss her now! After almost two weeks of being missing, Thank God for miracles.
That's great!! I hadn't heard she was lost. I bet she was REALLY glad to be back home. Give her a big hug for me. Aunt HeHe
ReplyDelete