Wednesday, May 9, 2012

This is a time of changes for us. Bailey is young and oblivious, but Carter understands and is doing great with it all. His daycare teacher that he had for two years left for another job. His teacher he had this year left for another job. Our sweet golden retriever Dixie died.   My big brother moved to London, and Carter's aunt and three cousins are joining him later this month. He is excited to get to see them again more when he's 10. (The only way I could explain it to him). Levi and Jeanne had baby Sarah, and are moving back to Texas. Uncle Morgan got a new job, Bradley closed and sold his business, and will soon be working at his family's new market. And we ourselves are moving! It's only 15 miles away, but this is the only house our boys have known as home, so it's a big deal to them. My hard working husband has been renovating the new house by painting and tiling. I've been making curtains, doing all the phone calls and appts for fixing things here, making numerous trips to Lowe's, and trying to keep as much of a normal life as possible for the kids. I've neglected our blog because of all this, and have to skip some fun pictures, but here's my attempt at catching up.

Carter's Gator path that I mowed for him. I was tired of telling him not to run over the Bluebonnets, and not being able to see him in the high grass. We have to let the Bluebonnets seed out before we mow them down. Hopefully in one week or so. Some weeds are as tall as me.
My gym is not always the temperature I'd like it, but you can't beat the decor'!

Bailey spends most of his outside time finding bugs. Ladybugs, doodle bugs, "Zune" bugs, frogs. Alive or dead, he doesn't care. He puts them in his wheel barrow and pushes them around.
We have an infestation of butterfly cocoons. There are so many wild flowers in our yard that they will make a chrysalis on anything. Including my tire which was only stationary for 24 hours. They are really pretty and shine like silver in the light.
I wanted to push Carter in this blue car, then we found the cocoon.
You can't see them all, but there are about 12 on the side of our carport.

No comments:

Post a Comment